Want to be able to detect the 36 most common aromas in bourbon? Introducing the Original and Expansion nosing kit bundle.
Do you roll your eyes when you read reviews that note "dark cherry, brown sugar, and leather," and think, there is NO WAY that someone is tasting all of that in their bourbon? I did too, until I realized that it was simply a lack of experience, and that I could train my nose to find the nuances in bourbon. Sensory scientists have proven that over 80% of what we taste comes from what we smell, and that's why I created these bourbon nosing kits. By simply training your nose to become more familiar with these aromas, you'll be able to more easily detect them in a glass of bourbon.
How it works:
- Pour some bourbon in a glass and swirl it around gently.
- Nose (smell) one of the elements, then nose your bourbon.
- Take a small sip and “chew” the bourbon around in your mouth for 5-10 seconds before swallowing.
- Nose the element and the bourbon again. The aromas present should be more amplified now.
- Take note of what aromas you find in the bourbon you’re nosing. If it smells sweet, can you get more specific? Maybe it’s more like vanilla, honey, or brown sugar. If it's spicy, is it a cinnamon spice or black pepper spice?
- Repeat the process with each element to see what other nuances you can find in your glass
Other nosing kits cost hundreds of dollars and use synthetic aromas made in a lab. These kits are made with the REAL ingredients for the most authentic aroma.
The elements in these kits represent the wood, grain, sweet, spice and fruit/floral categories commonly found in a bourbon tasting wheel. Includes 36 elements in screw top containers and instructions for how to get the most out of the kits, all held in convenient travel cases.
Original Kit elements include:
- Vanilla (bean)
- Cocoa (powder)
- Brown Sugar
- Cherry (dried)
- Tobacco (premium pipe tobacco)
- Leather (100% genuine leather)
- Black Pepper
- Cinnamon Mint (crushed leaves)
- Peanut (powder)
Expansion Kit elements include:
- Red Pepper
- Herbal Tea
- Graham Cracker
- White Chocolate
- Pine (nuts)
- Walnut Hazelnut
Bring these kits to your next bourbon or whiskey tasting and take your conversations to the next level!