Are you ready to detect even MORE aromas and flavors in the bourbon you drink? Introducing the Bourbon Nosing Expansion Kit, the perfect addition to the original Bourbon Nosing Kit. Featuring 18 additional aromas found on the Bourbon Tasting Wheel, this kit will help you identify aromas like coconut, nutmeg, graham cracker, hazelnut, and more! Sensory scientists have proven that over 80% of what we taste comes from what we smell, and that's why I created these bourbon nosing kits. By simply training your nose to become more familiar with these aromas, you'll be able to more easily detect them in a glass of bourbon.
How it works:
- Pour some bourbon in a glass and swirl it around gently.
- Nose (smell) one of the elements, then nose your bourbon.
- Take a small sip and “chew” the bourbon around in your mouth for 5-10 seconds before swallowing.
- Nose the element and the bourbon again. The aromas present should be more amplified now.
- Take note of what aromas you find in the bourbon you’re nosing. If it smells sweet, can you get more specific? Maybe it’s more like vanilla, honey, or brown sugar. If it's spicy, is it a cinnamon spice or black pepper spice?
- Repeat the process with each element to see what other nuances you can find in your glass
Other nosing kits cost hundreds of dollars and use synthetic aromas made in a lab. These kits are made with the REAL ingredients for the most authentic aroma.
The elements in this kit represent the wood, grain, sweet, spice and fruit/floral categories commonly found in a bourbon tasting wheel. Includes 18 elements in screw top containers and instructions for how to get the most out of the kit, all held in a convenient travel case.
- Red Pepper
- Herbal Tea
- Graham Cracker
- White Chocolate
- Pine (nuts)
Bring one of these kits to your next bourbon or whiskey tasting and take your conversations to the next level!